Spotify also announced its most-used apps of 2012: TuneWiki, which scrolls lyrics in real-time with the song you're listening to, came in first place; Soundrop, which provides rooms divided by genre or interest where participants can vote for the next song, finished in second, followed by We Are Hunted, a well-designed music countdown app that presents lists of popular songs in different genres, based on the popular website.Read More
So Eliot at Evolver.fm has written up the winners from the recent Music Hack Day that Ben and I attended. For those who are lazy, we built InstaSound.me - an iPhone app and accompanying website. At the competition we won:
- Runner up Best Hack Overall
- Runner up Biggest Market Potential
- Best Mobile Hack
My first ever interview - weird!Read More
Perhaps the most beautiful of the new Spotify apps, We Are Hunted is a music recommendation engine that breaks music into several searchable categories:Read More
A great HTML5 design by the Australian team at We Are Hunted makes this app a rich and rewarding music discovery experience on Spotify.
- Emerging Chart: The 99 most popular songs by emerging artists, ranked in terms of their popularity on We Are Hunted.
- Mainstream Chart: The 99 most played songs by Mainstream Artists.
- Genre Chart: The 99 most played songs in seven genres.
- Instant Playlist: Enter an artist and have a custom 99-song-long We Are Hunted playlist made just for you. Above, a playlist based on my love of The Avalanches.